Vous n’avez pas saisi la question
- Sorry, I didn’t hear the question
- Sorry, I wasn’t listening
- Could you please repeat the question (more slowly)?
- What’s the meaning of (the word) …?
- I don’t understand the question.
- (I beg your) pardon?
- I’m afraid I didn’t get what you said.
- Could you speak up, please.
- Could you speak more loudly, please?
Vous avez besoin d’une audition supplémentaire
- Could you explain that again?
- Would you mind playing the recording again?
- Can we listen to it once more?
Vous n’arrivez pas a exprimer votre idée en anglais
- What’s the English for (the word…)?
- I have an idea but I can’t say it in English.
- I just can’t find the right word.
- I have difficulties in explaining it in English.
- I need some time to think about it before I can give an answer.
Vous (croyez que vous) n’avez pas d’idée particulière sur le sujet discuté
- I have no idea (at all about this point).
- I have no specific opinion about it.
- I don’t know what to say.
- I have nothing else to say about it.
- I have nothing to add.
- I wanted to say exactly the same as X.
Vous n’etes pas sûr de votre réponse ou vous hésitez
- I’m not sure but I believe that / I think that…
- I don’t know exactly but I think that…
- What I’ve understood is that…
- How shall I put it? Well, let’s say that…
- Perhaps… / Maybe…
- I suppose that…
- I’ve got mixed feelings: on the one hand… on the other hand…
- I’m in two minds: on the one hand… on the other hand…
Vous voulez soutenir, compléter on contredire l’opinion d’un camarade
- I (totally) agree with X when (s)he says that…
- I share X’s point of view when (s)he says that…
- X is right when (s)he says that…
- What X has said is quite true and…
- I’d like to add something (to what X has said).
- I disagree / don’t agree with X when (s)he says that…
- X is wrong when (s)he says that…
- What X has said is quite true but..
- In my opinion, what X has said is nonsense because…
- X has made a point but…
Vous arrivez en retard ou vous avez oublié une de vos affaires
- I apologise for being late: I was…
- Sorry, I’m late: I was …
- I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten…
Demandes diverses au professeur ou à vos camarades
- Could you switch on the light, please?
- I don’t fell very well, may I go out? / I feel sick, may I go out?
- Can I go to the toilet, please?
- Could you please move aside? I can’t see the blackboard.
- Could you please shut your case? I can’t see the blackboard.
- Could you please write it on the right / left / top / of the blackboard? It’s too shiny.
Quelques consignes données par le professeur
- Get your things ready.
- Put your things away.
- Spell the word…, will you.
- Make a note for your homework for the next lesson.
- Sum up the text in your own words.
- Make a summary of the text.
- Don’t prompt him!
- Any comments?
Image à la une freepic.com